April 30, 2012

Scanography

Ok, so I have a thing for Tory Amos. I LOVE her music so much. I have always adored this cd cover album photo of hers from Choir Girl Hotel.

I always wondered how they got that photo. Did they lay her on a huge glass table and the photographer took a photo underneath? Anyway, while I was on flickr I noticed a group called "Scanography". I was blown away by how creative and beautiful it was. Basically people are just using a scanner as a camera to express themselves. It looks like fine art.
scanography [explored]
Anyway I decided to try it with my new Kenner Farrah. I will properly introduce her soon. Promise.
Scanography
Here is one of just Farrah
Scanography
This is how mine turned out. It was a fun thing to try. I will do some more soon.

3 comments:

  1. I love that cover and Tori too! I've never heard of scanography till today, looks great.
    I might have to try it, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that scanography group on FLickr too, then you posted yours and I was so happy to see Blythe scanography! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Love your doll! Love your blog! lots of love:)

    ReplyDelete